– 450 grams soybean sprouts
– 2 green onions, thinly chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, crushed
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
– 1 to 2 teaspoons chilli powder
Wash the bean sprouts in cold water, removing any bean husks. Place them in a pot and add about 1 cup water. Do not fill the pot. Bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes. (Do not lift the lid to check if the pot is boiling because an unpleasant, fishy odour will fill your kitchen.) Remove from heat, rinse in cold water, and drain.
Add green onions, garlic, toasted sesame seeds, sesame oil, salt, and chilli powder and combine thoroughly, adjusting the salt and chilli powder to your taste. Serve warm or chilled.